Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Moon Flowers



These are my favorite flowers of all time. They are vines that grow up to 15 feet long and have these ginormous (Not sure how that is spelled, it's a word of Sariah's. No, I don't know which DVD that came from!) blooms that are 5-6 inches across. They open at night and shine brightly in the moonlight and thus, I believe, the name moon flower. I planted all my seeds late this year and was unsure if I'd actually see the wonderful flowers before the freeze. They are easy to grow and you can buy a package of seeds for about $1.89. Try them out next year!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that is such a gorgeous flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love moon flowers too. We were up north this weekend and saw some of the biggest ones I have ever seen. They were still blooming too! Just beautiful. This fall has been gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete