(Now you can see how techno handicapped I am, I don't even know how to rotate this pic!)
Elijah's classroom mascot is a monkey. His teacher came up with this cool idea to focus on one child per day where they are "Monkey of the Day." Each child made a poster of cool things about themselves including pictures and then at 3 pm on their appointed day they get to talk all about themselves. They can also bring items from home and/or their favorite treat to share. Elijah was so cute talking about himself. He would quietly read what he had written on his poster and then add on "I guess" to the end of his statements. I wasn't sure where all this "I guess" stuff was coming from until Joseph stood up to help him with something and ended his statement with "I guess." It was so funny. He got to tell everyone that he has two brothers and two sisters. He was sure to ask me to make sure that Brigham and Sariah could come and that he had pictures of Nathan who attends a different school now.
What a cool coincidence that we visited the Omaha Zoo on our way home to Michigan in September and had taken pictures in the vines!
Worthy of note is that the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha has the largest indoor rainforest in the world, the largest indoor desert in the world and also the largest exhibit of nocturnal animals. We saw some animals that we had never seen before. We didn't get to see anything else because of time constraints, but I really wanted to visit the aquarium, of course and they had lots of other cool animals to see as well. It was a really fun place to stop, so if you are ever on your way through Omaha...
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Monkey of the Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just a little 'tech' info. If you uploaded from Picasa you can rotate the picture in Picasa before you upload it. Blogger doesn't have editing features.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big Elijah is! He looks like a mini-Nathan to me, I guess. ;-)
ReplyDelete