My friend Renee gave us a tea set that her kids had outgrown. May took it, having never owned a tea set. I told the girls that they could have a "hot chocolate party" some day. Well, lots of some days never come, but this one did. I've been in the mood to tell my kids "yes" a lot lately which basically means that I'm not being lazy like I usually am. Last night, they came to me begging a hot chocolate party and I went to prepare the mint hot chocolate (candy cane Kisses with Swiss Miss hot cocoa), the soy milk "cream", and the "tea" cakes (vanilla wafers) complete with Nutella spread. They had a ball and even invited the boys to join them. The girls were in it for the total experience, the boys, just for the sugar rush.
The tea set has been sitting out and today Brigham got that look on his face like he had an idea. He left the living room and came back with two tea cups and one of the little plates. He played with these for a while and then traded them for three of the little plates which he took out the the kitchen and placed on a little table we have in there. I opened the freezer for some yeast and spied the chocolate chips. I gave him a little pile. About a minute later, I looked over there and he had divided the chips out evenly among the three plates (5-6 per plate). Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I gave him some more chocolate chips with the same results.
All blog entries are about a thousand times better with a picture. Unfortunately, I'm out of batteries for my camera. And also, I realize I have no proof for this mathematical feat performed by an 18 month old. You'll just have to take my word for it!!!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
The tea set
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI actually watched a program on discovery channel about babies and math. They start sorting very early in life. It comes naturally to them. Very interesting show.
ReplyDeleteMy kids love the tea set too! I let them have water parties though. Then they can fill it up and if it spills then it is no big deal.
ReplyDeletewow, he's soo smart!!
ReplyDelete