I got motivated this weekend to get Christmas decorations out. The Primary chorister was talking about Christmas decorations last week and Sariah indignantly said that we didn't have any out. I didn't want a repeat of that! It does take me a while to get to it because I know I'm going to have to do some dusting. Ugh! (I put in pictures of my favorite nativities above). The kids still need to decorate their tree. We'll let them do that for family night tomorrow night. For a treat, it will be marshmallow popcorn. Have you tried that stuff yet? Pretty good! I think it's Jolly Time brand.
As I was unpacking the decorations, I asked Joseph if it was worth it to get these things out and put them away every year. He answered yes. I wasn't totally convinced. Then, today I got a couple of the really small nativities out and I remembered how May, when she was 16 months old, had to kiss the little baby Jesus from both sets and some of the animals too. She did this every night before bed. That was really cute. It's nice to have good memories tied to objects. I guess it's worth it after all!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Is it worth it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i love nativities. i need to get mine out. i have the willow tree one, although not complete. i most excited to put up the one my inlaws bought me in africa this past summer, it's really beautiful..the only problem is i have yet to put up any shelves in my house or buy a few necessary end tables to house the different nativities!
ReplyDeleteok lady, your kids are plenty old enough to do the dusting!! that is one of the chores that my kids have to do everyday.
ReplyDeletei love nativities and have collected many over the years.
Your nativities are beautiful! And what is this popcorn? I've never heard of it? Is it microwave?
ReplyDeleteIt is worth it to get the nativities out each year. And the memories help to add the worth!
ReplyDelete