Friday, December 21, 2007

Jump Rope Club


May joined her school's Jump Rope Club a couple of months ago. When she started out, she was what is known as a "non-jumper." Since then she has been working hard and can do some amazing tricks. It was hard to take pictures because the lighting was poor enough that I needed to use the night picture option which excluded the action picture option.

May appeared in several of the groups that performed and did amazing tricks like: pretzel, front-cross, and squat. I was dazzled by the whole show. They will continue practice and perform again in the spring, hopefully out-of-doors so that I can get some better pictures!
(That's May doing "squat" in the middle. See how fast they move??!!)

3 comments:

  1. This is crazy cool!! I wish my kids had stuff like this to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She's doing great! Jumping rope is HARD work; it's probably the hardest form of cardio out there. There's a "new" class sweeping the nation's gyms called Punk Rope. I opted out of teaching that class; it's intense! I'll see if I can find you a link. May might enjoy watching a snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindi! I got your Christmas card with the picture of your beautiful family and I shared it with Meghan (formerly Chandler) Mills and Katie Zaniboni who said to say hello! I am recently married and would love to catch up. Email me at tpizer@gmail.com

    Best,

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete