Monday, January 14, 2008

Lost in the Middle


Elijah is not only the middle child of five, but he's also the middle of three boys. In addition, he's in between two girls! He's lost found the the exact middle of lots of things.

He's such a cute boy, known since he was a baby for his "squinchy" eye which is an endearing characteristic of his face when he's smiling. I've already posted the picture below in another post, but it shows his eye perfectly (double click to see what I mean).


He's progressing along in school like the smart boy he is. I love it when first graders write. I love it that they can't spell all the words and so they do their best with what they know of phonics. I've saved some of his writing lately because even though he's not a "little" kid anymore, he's still cute!

He likes to swim and will be in level three swimming when he takes lessons this summer. That means that he'll be in the deep end and he's not scared at all. His real passion is soccer, but he'll settle for a basketball clinic that starts this Saturday.

He loves Brigham. I'm absolutely sure that they knew each other before they came to be in our family. Elijah zooms Brigham around on a little ride-on hippo as Brigham squeals and giggles. Elijah asks Brigham if he wants to come with him and Brigham wraps his little arms around Elijah's neck. Off they go!

This past summer, he asked Joseph to take the training wheels off his bicycle. He wanted to keep up with the rest and as soon as those wheels were off, he rode off and never looked back.

Love that kid!!

A few of his funny sleeping positions!

4 comments:

  1. It IS hard to avoid letting this little guy get lost in the middle. Elijah does a pretty good job with the challenge, though. He is pretty good at demanding attention when he feels left out.

    I do feel sorry for him, sometimes, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan says:you are absolutely right! Elijah is the best brother ever imaginable (along with Brigham, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a bundle of energy and joy. Oliver really enjoyed his company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet boy. I miss him! Love the pics of his sleeping positions!

    ReplyDelete