Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mint Plus Chocolate


I don't know about you, but I think these two flavors were made for each other. Followed by Chocolate and Orange, but that is a subject for another post.

I guess if you were to press me, my favorite ice cream flavor would probably have to be Mint Chocolate Chip. The problem is that most brands have rectangular chocolate "chunks." It's hard to find Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with the little flecks of chocolate. It seems like I had better luck with that when we lived in Utah, the Ice Cream capital of the world. As a side note, when Joseph was a student he found that the topic of light conversation amongst the students and faculty here at MSU often turned to alcohol. Joseph sat silently having nothing to add to the conversation. One time somebody noticed this about him and asked what people in Utah talk about. He told them-->ICE CREAM!

So the ice cream that stands in for the kind with the little chocolate flecks is Fanny May Mint Meltaway by Country Fresh. I've only been able to find it at Walmart where I loathe to shop, but still must due to budget restrictions.

As seen below, it actually has layers of chocolate fudge swirled into it. This fudge melts in your mouth better than those rectangular chocolate chunks.

When I was at BYU, Hershey's made a chocolate bar with mint crispies in it. I tried to buy enough to convince them to continue making them, but alas, they stopped.

What's your favorite Mint Chocolate combo? Or if mint chocolate isn't your thing, what's your favorite chocolate of all time?

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...looks so yummy! I have two favorites. One is to buy Andes mint baking chips and add them into a brownie mix. Voila! Mint brownies. I do the same thing with cookies, too. I take any chocolate cake mix, add 2 eggs, and 1/2 c. oil and then add the Andes baking chips. Drop on cookie sheet and bake at 350. Tastes a lot like Girl Scout thin mint cookies! If you can't find Andes baking chips you can use Andes Mints. Instead of adding them to the dough, just cook the cookies like normal but after they come out of the oven, place a mint (or half of one) on top of each cookie. The warmth will melt it and then you just spread it around. Let cool and devour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post the same thing about the Andes mint baking chips in brownies. Yum! I think I'll go make some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Fannie May mint ice cream!! It is devine! You can find it at Meijers. And, it is goes on sale fairly often.

    ReplyDelete