Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Insides Aren't Smiling


Ever since watching Eight Below the other night, I'm feeling down. It's not the movie. It's just that I don't show my sad feelings like I should and when I get an outlet at just the right time, I have to catch up!

This morning, Joseph took the time to read a chapter in a book that he had written. It came in the mail last night. Because of this, he was running late and I said I'd iron his shirt, but I wanted an exchange. He asked me several times what I wanted. Then it came to me.

Concentric Bowls and Pans!

We made a deal. When he puts the dishes away, he will do his best to remember that the mixing bowls are concentric, as are the pans. I think I got the better end of the deal!

It was lightly snowing today and it was beautiful out. This poor forlorn swing set, waiting for summertime swingers, is in honor of my new blogger friend, Marni (because I thing my stuff talks too and for your inspirational blog title).

4 comments:

  1. You beat me to an awesome punch - I'm totally taking pictures of the swingset tomorrow. :) I've never heard of Eight Below but I need to look into it. I'm definitely a keeper-insider too. Actually, I'm turning into my mom, that when I'm really uptight I start cleaning like crazy and beat up the house instead of other people I'm really closely related to by marriage. Then again, sometimes it's worth it, when grumpiness by me would draw unimportant things out longer than necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. Just a chapter in an esoteric book entitled "Assessing and Modeling Cognitive Development in Schools: Intellectual Growth and Standard Setting."

    Sounds like academese, no? As Calvin says, the purpose of writing is to obfuscate with the aim of intimidating others into thinking you are smart!!!

    ReplyDelete