I recently started reading "The Fledgling" with my kids. Its a Newberry Honor book by Jane Langton. I'm not even sure how we came to have it in our collection of books, but here it is and we are reading it.
It's amazing the things you can gain from reading. Sometimes, it's profound. Not so this time! Last night I read, "Then she put her pajamas under her pillow and made her bed and laid Dollabella in the middle of the pillow." I had a flashback to when I was a kid. I used to keep my pajamas under my pillow. I think I wore them for about a week before putting them into the wash.
I've been trying to get my kids to wear their pajamas for more than just one day. Sometimes I talk about it and sometimes I just let it go. There are so many things to think about and do, I just don't have the energy. Maybe this is the answer (if they will listen to me!) Then again, maybe not!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Under the pillow
Labels:
children's books,
home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment