I found these questions on a blog that I sometimes read. I've been having a hard time getting back to blogging, but my husband depends on me, so I'm answering questions in order to get past my writer's block. This is one of those "tagged" things, so if you are inclined to read my blog and even further inclined to answer questions about yourself, consider yourself tagged!
1. What is your occupation?
Pick up dirty socks, change diapers, cook and clean, wipe noses, see fine watercolor art from a budding artist, listen to a cellist in the making, feel the velvet skin of my “baby,” learn parenting skills from the best teachers out there (age 5-7), watch and feel the joy. My partner is the best out there, so with that in the balance, I’m pretty sure it could be considered a lucrative business.
2. What color are your socks?
None. I really like it when my feet feel cold. If I get really cold, I put socks on, otherwise I’m barefoot every season of the year.
3. What are you listening to right now?
Backyardigans. The CD that Sariah listens to as she goes to sleep each night.
4. What was the last thing you ate?
Dried figs. I’m a sucker for dried fruit of most any kind.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
This is embarrassing. I didn’t even get a license until I was 23 (long, boring story). At that time, Joseph and I owned a black (I forget which year) Nissan Sentra which was stick shift. Joseph tried to teach me to drive it and I just couldn’t get it. In the end, we had to sell the car so that I would be able to drive our car! (blushing!!)
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I have loved the color green since I was a little kid. Just regular Crayola “green.”
7. Last person you were on the phone with?
Joseph. He called from Chicago to tell me that he loves me.
8. Favorite Drink?
I wish I could say water, but recently it’s Caffeine Free Diet Coke.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Jump rope.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I think that I did use some non-permanent dye once. That was before I really started going white. I get the white hair gene from both my mom and my dad. There’s just no way out. And for now, I’ve decided to go white not-so-gracefully!
11.Pets?
Nathan wants to get a lizard or snake, which is fine by me. We took care of a bird once and all about died from the congestion. We are probably allergic to most animals with hair. Maybe we’ll eventually try to get one of those hypo-allergenic animals, but not until we have more space!
12. Favorite Food?
Soft chicken tacos and black beans from Chili’s.
13. Last movie you watched?
Iraq in Fragments. This was excellent. It was unbiased as it presented different views. Moving, though difficult to watch at times.
14. Favorite day of the year?
Varies. It’s always a day where I get to the end and feel complete in the love of my family. One year it happened on my birthday. One year it happened when we went on a short overnight trip.
15. What do you do to vent anger?
When I hold it in, I usually eat. Sometimes it leaks out as sarcasm. Sometimes I yell. Wouldn’t it be interesting to have Joseph and the kids answer this one for me?
16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I don’t know if I had a favorite toy. I loved playing outside. There was an empty lot behind our house and I liked to go out and make myself a house in the tall grass (tromp down a square of grass). Then I’d sit still and try to catch grasshoppers. I was also an expert butterfly catcher.
17. What is your favorite? Fall or Spring?
Fall is so beautiful here in Michigan. I just love the colors. But then Spring is the beginning of gardening season. Hard to say. They’re both my favorite while they are here.
18. What kind of pie?
Chocolate mousse pie with a brownie crust!
19. Living arrangements?
Our house was built in 1953. It’s a small Cape Cod style. Seven people, one bathroom, need I say more?
20. When was the last time you cried?
This past weekend while discovering some of my mission in this life.
21. What is on the floor of your closet?
We have tiny closets in this house, so I use the floor space for my pants and jeans. They are usually neatly folded and in stacks.
22. Favorite smell?
Lavender oil.
23. What inspires you?
Watching my kids lives as they unfold.
24. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
When I was a kid, my friends’ moms knew that they would have to cook me a hotdog if they were having hamburgers on the night I was over.
25. Favorite cat breed?
I don’ t know what kind of cat my Aunt Glenda used to have. It was a cat without a tail. It would run and hide behind the couch when people came that it didn’t know. I’ve never been terribly fond of cats and so they are terribly fond of me. This cat won my affection by licking me. I loved the feel of the sandpaper tongue.
26. Number of keys on your key ring?
Six keys. One is a duplicate and I can’t remember how that happened. Three of those cards that you can put on your key ring. Gumby and Pokey also reside there.
27. How many years at your current job?
11.5
28. Favorite day of the week?
Hmmm. None stick out to me.
29. How many provinces have you lived in?
None.
30. How many countries have you been to?
Just a minute. Let me stop and think…one, this one.
Very interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing!!!!
ReplyDelete