So, yesterday, I taught Cindi's primary class of 6 year olds at church. During a lesson from one of the primary leaders, the kids were all asked to show what strong looks like. While all the other kids flexed their muscles, the boy sitting next to me reared back, punched me in the nose, and said "That's what strong looks like!" He was so proud of himself!
I tell you, I saw stars! My nose still hurts!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Sucker Punched
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YIKES! Sorry to say this, but I'm sure glad YOU were teaching that day instead of Cindi. Could you imagine if he'd dome that to HER?
ReplyDelete(Shudders up the spine)
Hope you're a quick healer.
(done that...I can't spell today.)
ReplyDeleteWhoa. Then again, maybe he was very pointedly trying to say that YOU are what strong looks like?
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't until I read this description that I actually pictured what happened! Chuckling...
ReplyDeleteHis nose actually looked swollen when he came in the door.
I would have punched the kid back and said, "No, THAT'S what strong looks like, punk!" and then stood over him like Muhammed Ali standing over Sonny Liston.
ReplyDeleteTwo good things about reacting my way:
1) That punk kid learns not to hit, and
2) I never have to substitute teach Primary again!
Absolutely no unsolicited advice for my Primary substitute!!!
ReplyDeleteCindi
Funny thing is that this is the Bishop's kid :-O
ReplyDeleteahhhhhhhh!! Well, good thing he didn't turn your nose INSIDE-OUT!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteimagine! The BISHOPS boy of all people would know better. :()
ReplyDelete