I must say that I have the sweetest and kindest friends and family. I appreciate you lending me a hand and offering to help me in my time of need. Seriously, thank you.
Now, I need to address the wording of my gratitude statement. Some of you may balk at being called sweet. That's o.k. I completely understand. Hopefully this won't embarrass Joseph as I explain.
This weekend I was going through old picture albums and journals. In one of the albums I came across an old list. It was Joseph's hopes for his future wife. Now come on. Most of us either wrote a list or had a mental list of some kind. Mine went something like this (and just so you know of my shallow-ness, I think it was in this order):
1) Good looks (check. oh yeah!)
2) Brains (check!!! He's an absolute genius.)
3) Money or the potential for making it (check, we'll never be rich, but I don't care anymore)
4) Returned missionary (check, loves the people of Guatemala and wants to go back)
5) & etc
Anyway, Joseph's list was something I had come upon before he even asked me to marry him. I gasped as I read it. There were things I would never qualify for. One item in particular. Sweet. Now some of you know me and some of you really know me. I have a super saucy side. I've never once thought of myself as sweet and it certainly wasn't my goal then. (Though I love sweet people.) Still, my good husband, then boyfriend, decided to marry me. I can only guess that he saw my potential and had a store of superhuman patience for the wait for my transformation (still waiting, I assume).
New topic:
Some of you know that I like to blog and that if I'm not blogging, something is wrong. More than one caring person has called or e-mailed to say that they noticed I wasn't blogging, is everything ok? I'm so touched by that! This is just a heads up to say that I won't be blogging much at all for the next two weeks or so. Don't worry. I'm gonna be o.k.!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Sweet!
Labels:
family,
friends,
sweet life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just to be clear, I am not waiting for a transformation. God knew better than I did what I needed. You are just right.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so fascinating to look back on stuff like that and realize how silly we really were!
ReplyDeletePS I JUST read a tutorial about the name signature thing! I'm gonna do it, too!