This morning, Nathan ran outside where I was cleaning out the van to tell me that a bird had hit the window. Hard. There were feathers stuck to the window. This happens often enough and the bird is usually o.k. Nathan ran out a few minutes later to tell me that it was a robin that hit the window and showed me where it had landed. Sadly, there it was in my hot poker plant. I picked it up and found that it was a juvenile robin that probably died on impact. Nathan gently buried the bird in his garden and then picked flowers to lay on the top of the grave. Sariah asked me if the bird was already in heaven.
Life and death. Poor little inexperienced bird that gave my kids a 'life experience' in its death.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Inexperience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. That is a beautiful moment. What sensitivity your children showed! Poor little robin. I love the scripture about how even a sparrow doesn't fall to the ground without God's notice.
ReplyDeleteI tried to nurse many a bird back to health when I was a kid and they flew in the window. What compassion your kids have shown.
ReplyDelete