
I'm sure part of it is that Brigham is my last little one, but I'm just riveted watching him learn and grow. In particular, I love watching, er...listening to his language acquisition. He works so hard trying to make sounds correctly (without anyone pressuring him to do so), and he tries to say any new words he hears.
His main enjoyment these days is cars and trucks. Nathan came home from Utah with a new game made up by his cousin in which you get points for certain colors and makes of cars. Brigham has caught on to all that and can be heard yelling, "Nathan, there's a mini-Cooper!" or "There's a slug bug, Mama" or "Elijah, there's a cement truck!" sometimes even getting the colors correct. The only way we've tried to teach colors is the same way Nathan learned colors. We just name the color of the vehicle we are talking about.
He likes to do somersaults, jump, read stories, listen to singing, play with Play Dough, play endlessly with cars and trucks, and be pulled around the house (he holds one end of a blanket and someone else the other end and then they run like maniacs!) He's always got an armful of cars and usually a little plastic bear that he's carrying around with him. Lately, he's been o.k. when I tell him that he can only take one car with him when we go in the van or that he has to leave his toys in the van when we go into the store.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Little Learner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cutie! How old is he now?
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great picture! You take some good ones. I am so enjoying your blog. You have such thoughtful posts and your little Brig sure is cute.
ReplyDeleteCindi,
ReplyDeleteIt is so great to see things through their eyes!