To welcome 2013, our friends the Juarez' came to spend the day with us. We had an awesome lunch of tacos with all of the trimmings:
In preparation for their visit, I made eight batches of gingerbread and Joseph and I (with help from Sariah) glued the pieces together:
Here the kids are just beginning on their houses:
Here is one view of the finished houses (starting with the closest house: Manny, Brigham, Angie, Gabe, Nathan, Elijah, Sariah, May):
A view from the other side of the table:
These houses are a tradition for our family. We do them on New Year's because the Christmas season is so busy and because we can get clearance candy after December 25th. Last year we made rice kris pie blocks and the kids glued them together and then decorated. I prefer the gingerbread though because it smells so good!





No comments:
Post a Comment