For the past few days I've been posting, from the heart, more about my journey. I've heard back from a handful of people. A couple of people have felt confused as to why I might share information again with them. It's because I didn't feel heard and understood in my previous attempts. One person has been with me all through the process, and sticks by me still (even though this is probably the hundredth time!). Another person has graciously and without judging listened to what I have to say, even though we disagree on a lot of things (Thanks!) Maybe you've read the posts, but don't know what to say, or haven't had time to respond. That's okay! I'd rather talk in a few days or weeks than never! Some people may not have even gotten all the way through what I had to say. Thanks for trying!
This video was recently made by a member of the Church who considered leaving and even went inactive for a time. John Dehlin, the creator, has worked with disaffected and questioning members for several years. He recently decided to return to church as a believer.
The video is long, about 56 minutes. For most of us, that's a bit of time. I'd appreciate it if people watched this. I, personally, don't agree with every word of this video, but I think John has done a great job of pulling lots of ideas together. He's done better than I could do and he's a third party (i.e. you don't have to take it from me). Please take the time sometime in the next little while to watch this.
Friday, February 15, 2013
Top 5 Myths and Truths about Why Committed Mormons Leave the Church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment