Joseph and I are reading a book on Scientology. In the introduction, the author used the adjective chimerical to describe Ron Hubbard, the founder of that religion. I asked Nathan what it meant. Somehow, I was thinking it meant changeable. But, then in the back of my brain, I remembered chimera. I connected it to zoology somehow, but that was as far as I got without looking it up. The definition that fit the usage was along the lines of creative. You should look it up, unless it's an everyday word for you.
Joseph ended up reading the Wikipedia article to Nathan and I. We learned amazing things that science has learned about chimeras. Did you know that it is thought that women carry around the cells of the babies (children) they've birthed in their brains?
I also have a list of documentaries you can add to your "to-watch" list:
Green Fire--I haven't seen this one, but I'm actually going to buy it to get access to it.
Surviving Progress--this one confirmed some things I've been thinking about and hypothesizing. I really think everyone should see it!
Flow--about how corporations are taking over the water.
Forks over Knives--about how everyone should become a vegan.
Up the Yangtze--more about water issues, following the saga of a Chinese family as they must move from their land due to a giant dam.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The meaning of chimerical plus documentaries you should watch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny, I just started watching forks over knives last night. I was going to tell you to watch it.
ReplyDelete