Elijah's second grade teacher, Mrs. Berry, is retiring this year. She also happened to be May's second grade teacher and Sariah's second grade teacher (argh! she's leaving before she can teach Brigham!).
We met up with Mrs. Berry recently at Elijah's orchestra concert. It just so happens that Elijah's orchestra teacher this past year has been Mr. Berry. Mr. Berry is Mrs. Berry's very talented son. She came to the concert to see her son conduct.
After the concert, we spent some time chatting about what the kids are doing, the fact that she's retiring and going to be a Grandma etc. During that conversation we talked about art. I can't remember the details, but she complimented Elijah on his art, saying he had always been a great artist. She remembers details about the kids and asks them about those things whenever she sees them (she asked May if she is still writing, for instance). I may have written about her before on this blog since I'm so impressed with her positive way of being with people and encouraging them.
Anyway, Elijah came home and immediately made a special colored pencil drawing and bought a frame to give to Mrs. Berry for her retirement. Really sweet of him. Positive people like Mrs. Berry just make going to school so worth it!
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Retirement gift
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super talented. I loved the card and photos that he sent us.
ReplyDelete