Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sentimental


Right before Christmas this year, we decided it was time for our family to move to a larger house. The time line on that move has extended recently, so rather than getting the house ready to sell right now, I'm just trying to organize to give us more space.

It has had me thinking though, about the things I will miss. Mostly in my yard. It's funny, because a couple of years ago, I was questioning if I really did like to garden. I'm guessing by my response to leaving this yard, that I do.

I love it that my yard is fenced, but that behind that fence is forest. I love it that we are on a corner lot which provides us with a big backyard. I love it that I have spent years working on my flower beds. There are perennials that come up each year, but still lots of space to plant my annual seeds. I love it that Joseph built me a structure in the back yard for viney plants. One of my goals for this coming summer is to nurture that area so it is full of lush growth. I can see it from my kitchen window. I imagine it could bring me a lot of joy each day! I love it that our neighborhood is established with large trees and that they haven't replaced the vintage looking street lights. I love it that Sariah and Elijah planted their very own pine trees in the back yard and can't wait until summer to water them. I love it that even though our success has been limited, we planted our own fruit trees. I love it that Nathan is old enough to play behind the fence and that he runs to tell me that I have to come back there because it's so beautiful. I love it that my kids speed up and down the sidewalk on their bikes and scooters (I gotta make a goal to get them wearing helmets this year). I'm glad I have one more summer in this house. I will make the most of it!

2 comments:

  1. There are so many things that I love about where we live. I love having a fenced yard with a "forest" behind it. We, also, have outgrown our cute little house. Moving is in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is always such a pain. Enjoy your little house while you can and then when you move, you will enjoy a new space and make new memories.

    ReplyDelete